Partnering Businesses that Mirror India's Growth Story
Global investors are betting big on India's long-term growth story. India is today one of the most attractive emerging markets across Asia with a billion plus captive consumers. Kotak Private Equity is well positioned to develop compelling local investing themes.
Through macro research, in-house analytics and frequent industry interactions, we identify industry and socio-economic trends, local consumption patterns and need-gap opportunities on an ongoing basis. With a cumulative experience of successfully investing in over 100 growth companies, we regularly refine our investment focus based on emerging trends, sectors and investment opportunities.
Since inception, our focus sectors have mirrored the Indian economy's growth story in terms of scale, competitive advantage and innovative business models. Over the last several years, we have backed some of India's most successful entrepreneurs in sectors like:
- Healthcare & Life sciences (pharmaceuticals and biotechnology)
- Consumer businesses (FMCG, retail, media & entertainment)
- Light manufacturing
- Agri-businesses and food processing,
- Information Technology (software products, services and IT-enabled services)
- Infrastructure-led services
- Financial Services
At Kotak Private Equity, we work as strategic partners with companies that demonstrate one or all of the following value-oriented qualities:
- Sustainable competitive advantage that can be leveraged internationally
- Deep, untapped and fast growth-led domestic market opportunity
- Acquiring scale and sector dominance
Investment Structure & Size
Crafted Solutions for Growth
We design bespoke investment structures for each of our portfolio companies based on their individual growth requirements. We believe in patient investing through structured instruments that help build partnerships with management teams and deliver on mutually aligned goals and incentives.
Investment Size and Structure
- Investment ticket size of USD 20-40 million
- Opportunistically larger transactions with co-investment from LPs
- Significant minority ownership with active board-level participation